Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Soooo...

My big sister, (who is one of the best sisters anyone could ever ask for) thought it would be cool if I started blogging about my pregnancy since I have to blog anyways for my stupid computer class. Which I am in right as we speak. So here is my first post.

  • I'm 25 weeks and one day
  • I'm tired and cranky from a long day of school (which i am still at)
  • My back has been killllllling me lately, but I took a nice bath the other day and that seemed to help, not only my aches and pains but i used this sesame oil and my dry skin stopped itching for a couple days. My mother however was concerned she was going to have to come help me out. She didn't, but the though of that kinda made me laugh.
  • The baby's kicks have been getting harder and harder and harder day by day. He kicks after i eat chocolate or when i have been sitting or laying down for a while (like when i'm trying to go to bed, or when he wants me to wake up in the morning) When am i supposed to start counting kicks?
  • Next thursday I have to get more blood work to test for gestational diabetes? I supposedly have to drink a sugary substance and then wait an hour and have them take my blood. Why are all these dumb pregnancy test include some sort of special instructions? (ie. Level 2 ultrasound included me drink 40oz of water and then not peeing for 4 hours!!!) I shouldn't say dumb, they're just trying to make sure me and baby are healthy, but really!

that's all for now!



2 comments:

  1. Your sister referred me to your blog. It's a wonderful thing to question the procedures done to you and your baby. Having a pregnancy blog is a great way to get feedback. Yes, it's "dumb" to starve a pregnant woman and than give her a pure glucose. By my third pregnancy I knew to decline. There is other ways to check for diabetes without that procedure. My 6 yo just had a kidney US. He peed before we left the house and his bladder was full by the time we got there just sipping water in the car. Likewise in pregnancy your bladder is always full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the insight,I didn't even make the appointment yet but I have a feeling if I don't my doctor might yell at me. (I skipped another test around 12 week nuclear translucency (sp?)test because I was told by insurance it wasn't covered and they flipped their lid) Everybody is healthy though so I guess I didn't really miss out on much. My sister had me read your book in the very beginning of my pregnancy (gosh it seems like forever ago) and it really gave me such awesome and useful information! But then my even more pregnant sister-in-law stole it and I haven't seen it since!

    ReplyDelete